jueves, 3 de junio de 2010

BLOG 5: GENDER ROLE IN HEALTH CARE

Today, i will talk about the differences between men and woman at work.
Some years ago the women did not go out to work outside their homes. The woman stayed at home attending to her husband, caring for their children and doing toilet, but did not worry much about her as a person.

But, that all changed. The woman now works and also cooperates with the household income, and man, sometimes cooperating with household chores.

Although the women work outside the home and have the same capabilities and skills than men, even in the work will make a difference. For example in the same area and the same position, generally the man’s salary wage is higher than for women.

In general, I consider that the women are more responsible than men, but this depends on the upbringing of each.

In the hospital, in my view, is more frequent to see men medical that woman, but in my career, midwifery, this is in contrast, the woman are about 80 and the men are only about 10 or 12. I think that in my career no matter male or female, because everyone, according to the professional and personal development we are able to meet our goals as health professionals. But in my opinion, this could be a little uncomfortable for women who are serving, because it might be uncomfortable for them that a strange man to see.

I hope that today there are differences between men and women in some jobs will disappear with time.

2 comentarios:

  1. Lissette are a real breakthrough
    I think much the same way in the first part of Your blog ..
    maybe we are impressed that she did not mind before you.

    I really liked your blog.
    regards
    BYE!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Comments
    -and doing toilet??(not clear)
    -male medic, or male doctors
    -in my career it doesn´t matter if it is male doctor or women doctor

    Teacher

    ResponderEliminar